Applying for Certification in Alabama
The State of Alabama Plumbers and Gas Fitters Examining Board does not currently have any active reciprocal agreements with any states. If you are currently certified/licensed as a plumber and/or gas fitter in another state, you may be able to take the examination for an equivalent classification in the State of Alabama. Please print out the below Out-of-State Examination packet and follow the steps listed in the cover letter. In accordance with Alabama Code § 34-37-6(a), you must hold a valid certification in order to contract, offer to engage in, or engage in plumbing and/or gas fitting in the State of Alabama.
Business Registration Requirements
In accordance with Alabama Code §34-37-6(b), all legal entities doing business in plumbing and/or gas fitting in the State of Alabama must register their business upon forms provided by the Board. Upon certification in Alabama, you must register your business with the Board if you are an owner of a business or other responsible party. Also, please be aware that annual business renewals are required in accordance with Alabama Administrative Code 720-x-17-.01.
Law / Rules
As a certification holder in the State of Alabama, you will be required to comply with all rules/regulations that govern plumbing and/or gas fitting. Below you will find applicable Alabama Code and Alabama Administrative Codes. Please be aware that any violation of these codes/rules may result in disciplinary action.
- Unit 8 - Allowance for Threaded Fittings
- Reading Isometric Sketches
- Plumbing Practice Test
- Plumbing Practice Test Answer Key
Journeyman Gas Fitter
- International Plumbing Code, 2015, International Code Council, 4051 W Flossmoor Rd, Country Club Hills, IL 60478, (800) 786-4452
- International Fuel Gas Code, 2015, International Code Council, 4051 W Flossmoor Rd, Country Club Hills, IL 60478, (800) 786-4452
- Mathematics for Plumbers and Pipefitters, 8th Edition, 2013, Delmar/Thomson Learning, (800) 347-7707
- Alabama Code: Plumbers and Gas Fitters, Chapter 37
- Rules of the Alabama Plumbers and Gas Fitters Examining Board, 720-x